Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winter

Global warming? right.
It is snowing right now. I'm getting tired of this cold. I am all for global warming…c’mon you long distance commuters, burn them carbons and your monoxides.

The last two weeks have been miserable, riding-wise. I was able to ride a handful of times. The funnest was last Thursday, riding in –8. I wasn’t cold much. Gore-tex and layers, and the proper gloves, goggles, face mask, those chemical hot pads that go in your shoes, etc.

So slick outside, so I have to stay away from the roads when the snow is falling and sticking…I have to give room to the snowplows, and I don’t want to get hit by some nut who would claim that his 4x4 shouldn’t have slipped on snow. Anything slips on slick snow and ice. There’s some ppl I have seen that don’t even know how to turn on the 4x4 option in their SUVs. Pathetic.

Ok, so some of you have pre-ordered frames, which is very cool, and I thank you.

I am also trying to get some Fixed-Gear socks for the lot of you. Shirts last year, socks maybe this year.

Been up since 4 am. Last week it was tough sleeping. I do believe that there’s a ghost living in these premises. Well, when we moved to this house in 2005, heard whispering one night while I was up late working on this computer. I heard the whispers twice. The 2nd time they were closer to me.

Then in 2006, we heard scratching on the wall, and when I said “enough! please!” it stopped.

Last week it was different, sounded like there was someone outside the front door. Usually happened around 2am. Someone outside the door dragging something hard, almost like shoveling the front, wooden porch. You know, that sound a snow shovel makes on a wood floor, like that. I heard it night after night, it would wake me up. I have not heard it since Friday.

Whatever it is, it isn’t malevolent. Who knows…

Today will be a long day. I am already showered, ready to go, wearing my cycling winter clothes…I had to give the snow a 2nd thought. I’ll ride if its dry and very cold, but not when it is snowing. Many, and I mean, many idiots out there with little balls and big vehicles. But I have to change into more reserved clothes now. Sarah’s giving me a ride. At least I am showered, and don’t smell like some punk ass beeatch.

1 comment:

~gomez~ said...

It seems like I read the same post on two other discussion boards....the same exact post.