Wednesday, December 13, 2006

back in fixed mode

The ride was good. Back on the fixie. I missed it.
Close calls like always. ON hwy K, about a quarter mile from a drive way, a car was going to make a left turn, same direction I was riding. Person waited and waited. I was thinking of stopping. I guess some people don’t recognize or get freaked out when they see two little lights and moving reflectors coming their way. It didn’t bug me, but it was like “you’re going to pass me as soon as you make your turn behind me” Idiot.

+44 in my head the whole time. I like music that’s not so top 40 or so commercial. To me, if I like it, I buy it.

This summer will be cool. A trip with Mike up north. Me on the fixie, him on his touring rig. Simple as simple can be for me. Emergency blanket, a yoga mat, minimal provisions and a bike under my self sufficient legs. 240 miles of SS’ness.

And British hookers have been told to stay off the streets…

Anyway, Pewaukee triathlon, a lot of fun rides for me and Sarah, and pulling Annabel in a trailer around town. Sarah’s only been on the bike three times since Annabel was born. I want to get into riding more with my young family. Annabel at 2.5 yrs old is having fun with her little gnome-fest bike. Its fun to watch her learn, to watch her get frustrated, and wear her helmet. She’s so cute. She learned to say “tortilla.”

A buddy of mine let me borrow the British version of “The Office.” Funnier than the US version. The UK one is the original, and the US is flat our a copy, but a lot of Americans don’t catch the UK comedy subtleties. Its interesting and hilarious humor. And comparing the two…the US one is catered for our fast lifestyles in my opinion.

Bitches.

No comments: