Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another day and zero dollars from someone...


So on Monday, I quit my current job with the safety equipment co. Yes, we'll be ok. As long as there's Sarah Mclachlan and Pit Bull puppies, everything's ok.

The owner of the company blamed me again for poor sales. I was only their web guy...and their Mac guy (only one mac in that co). The only one who knew html, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, etc....and I also took care of their ebay account.

We'll see how they cope because I was an integral part of the company, one of the few who always had a constant full plate of work. One of the few who always worked hard and got there waaaaaay on time.

Anyway, I was going to get up at 5 am and go for a 32-mile ride. Why 32? Its longer than 30.

I ordered a Salsa Las Cruces...yes, I had one last year. Ebayed it, and regretted it, and I am getting the new frameset tomorrow. Light and SS thanks to ENO-ability. Midge bars, ENO cranks...light.

I hope gas goes to $4 soon. People will go to work all in shambles because every gallon used will add up close to a cup of Starbucks. Then, those people one sees driving randomly will disappear. Weekend driving will be a luxury, even traveling 20 miles to Waukesha to see the in-laws will hurt.

I am still peeling like a mofo. This past weekend we went to Wi Dells. Had fun camping in a celebratory mode. Went to Noah’s Ark, a nice waterpark…got on some rides, screamed like a girl…then screamed like a girl some more at the roller coasters at Mt. Olympus. We had a lot of fun regardless. Family, friends, good times, and a 7-year-old who knows the ingredients for mixed drinks…

Give me a potato peeler please.

Tomorrow night = night ride at Kettle Moraine with the co-gnome-fest crew. I have not done a night ride in a while…but I know that once Fall and Winter sets in, the lights will reappear on whichever bike I will be riding to whichever job…The Salsa? Scandium doesn’t rust like a steel frame would…so the KM, the Rock Lobster, and the Fixed-Gear Black Hole will stay home during the harsh, harsh, famine-style Wisconsin winter.

No comments: