Saturday, August 12, 2006

crashing


I was able to somehow manipulate Mike into meeting at Kettle. I coaxed him by first showing him a picture of my dead chipmunk...kinda like coaxing a fox to its bait by pouring fox piss all over the place...the fox piss you can buy at K-Mart.

Get there, Dennis the 10th wonder of the world is there. Anthony was also there...shoot the shit until this monster guy arrives...he's done riding, circling around us like a hungry vulture ready to pick the eyes out a dead lizard...finally he's got the gall to ask me: are those bugle boy jeans you're wearing?

Actually, he asked me: is that a single speed? I went n the SS schpeal and how it is a personal preference.

Guy was riding a 13 yr-old Cadex. Yes, you remember those? Old bonded carbon and alu frames from Giant...and it creaked. He was driving a brand new Infiniti suv...but he liked his bike.

Anyway, Mike/Gary/Bethany show up. We all ride in the dark, lights on...

Me: Rock Lobster
Gary: Moots
Mike: Karate Monkey
Bethany: Stumpjumper
Anthony: Santa Cruz boner machine
Dennis: Surly 1x1

We ride, crack jokes like bad comedians...and ride and wait and ride some more.

We were in the blue loop, and Mike is in a Zen-like state of mind. Riding in the dark, taking the trail backwards (its a one way trail) and suddenly he's flat on his face...solid stick wedged his woody falicness into Mike's front wheel and WHAP! No biggie. He was fine. Gathered our marbles and headed out.

And then...WHAP! I crashed. A stump took out my foot and the handlebar pinched my right thigh really hard and I fell off to the side. Dennis helped get me up...bloody knee, bruised thigh, cramped foot...

We all rode again. I lead the pride into the darkness...and got to the cars. We drank, fluxed, and said our gratuitous comments...and went home

No comments: